Faculty position beginning August 1, 2021. Earned Master’s degree or Doctorate in Family Consumer Sciences or closely related area required. Half-time, renewable contract, faculty position and Program Coordinator of Family and Consumer Sciences Program and Licensure Program.
Faculty Responsibilities: Teaching responsibilities include on-campus undergraduate courses in the Family Consumer Sciences major and licensure program (12 hours per year-6 hours per semester) and supervision of FCS Teacher Candidate Internships. Other responsibilities include active involvement within the HES department including representing FCS at admissions events and student advising and mentoring.
Program Coordinator of Family and Consumer Sciences and the FCS Licensure Program.
- Successfully leading and administering the Family and Consumer Sciences Program, including curriculum development.
- Leading assessment efforts for the FCS program and education accreditation.
- Collaboration with professionals in the field, community, and Department of Education.
- Oversight over all aspects of the Family and Consumer Sciences program in consultation with the Head of the Department of Human Environmental Sciences.
- The successful candidate will possess an earned Masters or Doctorate in Family & Consumer Sciences or related area.
- Public school teaching license in Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Successful teaching experience in public school is preferred as well as in higher education.
- This position will require professional collaboration skills to maintain and extend program visibility.
- Must establish NC residency by August 1, 2021.
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to implementing the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all areas of academic practice and will collaborate with other faculty in developing a curriculum relevant to the needs of the twenty-first century Family and Consumer Sciences professionals.
Applications: Review of applications and nominations will begin on March 1, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. To apply, complete the online application and submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and professional goals, copies of all transcripts, teaching license documentation, and a list of professional references.
The Family and Consumer Sciences is one of four program areas offering a major in the Department of Human Environmental Sciences.