CAFCS Executive Committee Meeting
2015 AAFCS Annual Meeting - Jacksonville, FL
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
The meeting was called to order by Lynda Martin. Agenda approved.
Members in present: Lynda Martin, Michael Newman, Nancy Rabolt, Ester Devall, Kitty Coffey, Cynthia Smith, Vivian Fluellen
Treasurer's Report was approved. Michael discussed the Budget Committee's meeting with Merrill Lynch representative. Information was distributed from during the meeting.
Membership- Vivian Fluellen reported a total of 88 members of CAFCS.
Handouts were distributed listing the CAFCS Officers and Committees for 2015-2016 year.
Ester Devall reported on the Annual Meeting to be held February 15-18, 2016.
By-Laws Committee - Kitty Coffey- By-laws committee asked these questions:
- Do you have a preference or suggestions for dues year? Reason for concern was that the computer program has not been generating reminders. However, due to the current situation the decision was made to wait and work with Lisa to see if the computer problem can be fixed.
- Do we want different rotations for the two year terms for officers? By-laws Article 5, 6, and 7 will be affected by the change in rotational terms. Committee recommended that the President and treasurer should have different rotations. Thus secretary and treasurer should have the same rotation. Committee recommended 2 year terms.
- Terms of office will begin and end at the annual meeting.
- Many questions arose about the committee rotation if terms were changed - The committee asked Kitty to develop a plan to present since there are so many different aspects that need to be considered.
In the informal discussion the committee recommended that the plan of work coincides with the budget (i.e. line items for budget based upon the plan of work).
Communications Committee - Cynthia Smith need items for the newsletter. Esther Devall will develop a publicity piece for the annual meeting.
Program of Work - Michael Newman
Shared Program of work and discussed that his next step will be to appoint current committees to implement plan of work.
- Needs to be an archival site, potential members information, job announcements, membership and dues collection
- Needs a logo refresh and a front page refresh
- Membership and dues updates need to be on time
Meeting Adjourned at 3:46 pm