2018 CAFCS Annual Meeting
Plan to attend the Annual Conference of the
Council of Administrators in Family and Consumer Sciences (CAFCS)
"Positive Leaders in Challenging Times"
Beau Rivage Resort
February 13-16, 2018
Join your colleagues for an exciting conference to be held at the Beau Rivage Resort in Biloxi, MS February 13-16, 2018. The conference is designed to enhance and improve your skills as a leader while providing a comfortable atmosphere.
The conference will begin on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 with a reception from 6:30 – 8:00
Those arriving early can experience Fat Tuesday and the Mardi Gras Parade in front of hotel (on your own)
On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 Breakfast will begin at 8:00 with a warm-up exercise at 8:30. The opening session will begin at 9:00 with Jeffrey L. Buller, author of the book, "Positive Academic Leadership: How To Stop Putting Out Fires and Begin Making a Difference." Conference attendees will receive a copy of the book. A discussion will follow.
Other topics to be addressed during the conference include:
- Looking toward the future
- Strategic planning and visioning
- Exploring Public Private Partnerships
- Self-care as a leader – Balancing work and Family
- Transforming the organization through digital technology
- Keeping people safe in the environment
- Leadership and organizational change – how to deal with downsizing, relocation, and restructuring
- And More…….
The conference will keep you engaged through panel discussions, conversations, group sessions and a potential experiential learning tour.
The CAFCS conference will end on Friday, February 16, 2018 at noon.
CAFCS Conference Hotel
Beau Rivage a Four-Diamond, $650 million development by MGM Resorts International, will be the conference hotel for the Council of Administrators of Family and Consumer Sciences February 2018 Conference.
Beau Rivage provides a first-class Gulf Coast experience defined by casual sophistication, outstanding service, and world-class amenities. This 32-story beachfront resort features 1,740 of the most luxurious rooms and suites offered in the Southeast. Other outstanding features include
- Ten (10) diverse restaurants providing guests with a variety of regional and international dining experiences.
- Elegantly appointed health club, spa, salon & solarium.
- Beautifully landscaped pool area, complete with cabana service.
- An extensive shopping promenade offering a variety of casually elegant retail experiences.
- 50,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space.
- 85,000 contiguous square feet of exciting casino action.
- 18-Hole Championship Golf Course by Tom Fazio.
- By combining state-of-the-art meeting space and world-class amenities, undoubtedly, Beau Rivage is an appealing alternative for those who want to combine the fun and excitement of Las Vegas with the laid-back comfortably elegant style of the South.
Located directly on the white sand beach of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Beau Rivage overlooks the Gulf of Mexico in historic downtown Biloxi. Just 45 minutes west of Mobile and 60 minutes east of New Orleans, Beau Rivage is easily accessible by air or ground. The Gulfport/Biloxi International Airport, a 25-minute drive from the property, is served by all major airlines including Delta, U.S. Airways, American Airlines, and United.
GUESTROOM ACCOMMODATIONS AND RATES
Room rates will be $109.00 per night for single or double occupancy. A $20.00 surcharge will apply, per night, for each additional third and fourth person occupying the same room. Each occupied guestroom may have a maximum of four guests.
Beau Rivage Casino Resort charges a daily resort fee of $10 per night. This charge covers wireless internet service, daily newspaper, access to notary, unlimited local and 800 calls, bottled water (2) per guest room, access to fitness facility, printing of boarding passes, complimentary parking and pool access. This daily resort fee is in addition to the room charges and local and state taxes.
Look for additional information SOON!
Dr. Esther Devall,
New Mexico State University
Dr. Michael Newman,
Mississippi State University
Dr. Joanne Bankston,
Kentucky State University
|Event Date||02-13-2018 6:30 pm|
|Event End Date||02-16-2018 12:00 pm|
|Individual Price||$350 Early Bird rate! After January 12th: $400|
|Location||Beau Rivage Resort|