The responsibilities of the Department Chair are to provide ethical leadership. The Chair is an advocate for the Department, manages operations including the budget, faculty evaluation, oversight of program reviews, building of the schedule, recruitment of faculty and students, serving on university committees, teaching and advising students. The Chair also strives to build community partnerships and alumni relations. Reports to the Dean of the School of Life and Health Sciences.
- Earned doctorate or MFA in Interior Design, interior architecture, or closely related field.
- NCIDQ Certification or eligibility
- Work experience in interior design, interior architecture or closely related field.
- Technological literacy in AutoCAD® and Sketch UP
- Commitment to teaching, scholarship, and service that is consistent with the mission of the university, "Education with a Christian Purpose".
Preference given to applicants who meet the qualifications listed above and have been exposed to family and consumer sciences theory with experience in teaching, program coordination and mentoring faculty.
Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. The starting date for the position is August 2018.
9-month, exempt faculty position. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. To apply, see website.