Department: 1890 Land Grant Research
The Program Coordinator is responsible to direct, coordinate, and administer the fiscal, personnel and program components of the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program. The Coordinator will have an Extension appointment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program with the parameters of the USDA EFNEP Guidance, the CSU Extension/Family and Consumer Science Plan, 4-H Youth EFNEP, and CSU Policies.
- Administer the EFNEP budget and program to implement a research-based nutrition education program targeting low-income youth and adults who are eligible for EFNEP.
- Coordinate activities between Family Nutrition Program and Expanded Food and Nutrition Program and with faculty who can contribute to the interdisciplinary nature of nutrition, thrifty food shopping, food safety, and food security.
- Coordinate with education program and activities with other community education nutrition programs including FNP, FNP Summer Feeding Program, WIC, USDA Summer Feeding Program, USDA Food Stamp Program, and other USDA food assistance programs.
- Implement annual professional development /training opportunities for those paid with EFNEP funds and Nutrition volunteers.
- Coordinate human resource functions with CSU HR professionals and monitor hiring, training/coaching, and evaluating professionals hired with EFNEP funds.
- Maintain accurate and complete fiscal and program records in order to develop the annual letter of intent to USDA EFNEP and annual report.
- Participate as a member of Ohio’s State Nutrition Action Plan (SNAP) with leaders of other Ohio USDA Food Assistance Program.
- Provides leadership, supervision and managerial oversight to the Expanded Nutrition Education Program in Columbus, Cuyahoga, Franklin, Hamilton, Montgomery, and Greene counties. Assists in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses. Teaches educational programs. Reviews and updates program curricula. Explores new areas of collaboration within targeted areas and recommends new programs.
- Provide administrative and functional supervision of staff contributing time and effort to EFNEP