The School of Human Sciences at Mississippi State University is seeking nominations and applications for a nine-month, tenure track, teaching and research position of Assistant Professor, Consumer Economics/Human Development and Family Studies
LOCATION: Mississippi State University (Starkville, Mississippi)
STARTING DATE: August 2013
• Teaching courses in consumer economics and human development and family studies.
• Advising undergraduate and graduate students.
• Establishing an active and focused research/scholarship program, including securing extramural funding for research efforts and publishing in respected journals and other outlets.
• Providing service to the school, university, profession, and community
• Doctorate in consumer economics, human development and family studies, family and consumer sciences or a closely related field, with a focus in consumer economics. (ABD candidates will be considered.)
• Demonstrated interest in and commitment to diversity and to quality teaching in higher education.
• Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, and industry professionals.
• Exhibited initiative and drive when working with students and other stakeholders.