Joint BoHS/CAFCS Zoom "Coffee Break" on Race Relations
3:00 - 4:00 p.m. (EDT) pm 7/6/2020
Dr. Jo Britt-Rankin, Chair of the Board on Human Sciences (BoHS), Dr. Bronwyn Fees, Chair of the Council of Administrators of Family and Consumer Sciences (CAFCS), and I would like to invite you to join us for a Joint BoHS/CAFCS Zoom "Coffee Break" on Race Relations at 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. (EDT) on Monday, July 6, 2020.
Our program will lead off with a 12-minute presentation on the Coming Together for Racial Understanding (CTRU) initiative, and that presentation will be led by:
Call for nominations for the CAFCS Excellence in Administration Award
The Excellence in Administration Award recognizes an individual member of the Council of Administrators of Family and Consumer Sciences who has, over a significant period of time, made an outstanding contribution to the family and consumer sciences/human sciences profession. The recipient is honored at the BoHS/CAFCS meeting on Thursday, Feb 20 at the Awards Luncheon. To nominate a worthy colleague, please access the nomination criteria and form here.
The Excellence in Administration Award recognizes an individual member of the Council of Administrators of Family and Consumer Sciences who has, over a significant period of time, made an outstanding contribution to the family and consumer sciences/human sciences profession.
Individuals nominated should have demonstrated achievements in a combination of the following areas through:
- Service and visionary leadership to the organized profession through CAFCS and other FCS related professional organizations
- Publication of a body of scholarly and/or theoretical writing contributing to family and consumer sciences/human sciences
- Grantsmanship/external funding to advance the growth and development of family and consumer sciences/human sciences programs
- Involvement in activities that promote increased enrollment, retention, and graduation rates in family and consumer sciences/human sciences programs
- Operational excellence shown through significant changes, modifications, or approaches that enhance university productivity, efficiency, and quality
- Influencing the planning and development of exemplary university programs through legislative efforts, implementation of models, establishment of guidelines, or the teaching and/or mentoring of future professionals
- Building interactions and partnerships that produce results
- Developing and inspiring others to achieve extraordinary leadership
- Developing an innovative process or procedure that directly impacts the entire university
- Influencing and enhancing the local community, region, or state
Current CAFCS Executive Committee Members and Directors are ineligible for nomination.
Submission of Nomination to the Award Selection Committee
CAFCS member or nomination committee submits the nominee to the Awards Selection Committee for consideration.
Format for Electronic Nomination Submission
- Name of nominee
- Full title of nominee
- University/college administrative position
- Nominee's home and office addresses, office telephone number, office fax number, and e-mail address
- Name and title of the immediate supervisor
- Number of years of service
- Name of nominator or list of nomination committee members
- Name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address of the chair of the nomination committee
- Original nomination form with nominators text (description of nominee's achievements and specific examples of how the person meets a combination of some of the ten criteria)
- Provost's/dean's/senior vice president's letter of nomination and statement of support (one nomination letter is needed per nominee)
- Resume or biographical information of nominee, including awards, honors, or other relevant activities
- References for nominee that may be contacted to discuss nominee's performance and/or criteria
Submit Electronic Nomination to
Deadline for Nomination - November 18, 2016
The recipient of this award will be honored at the Joint BoHS/CAFCS meeting in Alexandria, VA, March 7-10, 2017.